TASA at UMCP is dedicated to develop and maintain Taiwanese/Taiwanese American student life and organizational
relations at the University of Maryland - College Park, as well as developing relations with Taiwanese/Taiwanese
American communities nationwide.
- Promoting awareness of Taiwanese/Taiwanese American culture, language, history, and current affairs
- Serving as the liason for the Taiwanese/Taiwanese American individuals at the University of Maryland,
- Providing the forum needed for the exchange of information, ideas, and feelings among individuals of the
Taiwanese/Taiwanese American community
- Inform students/members at the university on the various political views in the Taiwanese community
- Supporting social and educational events and developing programs that will benefit the Taiwanese/Taiwanese
American community as a whole
- Developing a strong relationship with other organizations at the University of Maryland, with the University
Administration, and with other organizations nationwide, in order to communicate and fulfill our needs and goals
We are an organization committed to making everyone feel welcome so we have very our own big/little system. Every new member
of TASA will recieve a veteran TASA member as a big who will serve as a mentor throughout his or her college career and
help them become acquainted with TASA. The big/little system is an integral part of TASA that helps us form the TASA family
that we pride ourselves in. At the beginning of every school year, we host a few big/little GBMs so that new members can
meet current members and choose their big.
Junior Officer System
Members of TASA can apply to become junior officers of TASA. To qualify and maintain membership, members are expected to reguarly
attend weekly GBMs, help lead planning for events, attend a few board meetings, and be role models for the rest of the organization.
We are currently accepting for the position of Junior Officer!
If you'd like to apply Click here !
Current Junior Officers: